Autism Behavioural lntervention Queensland (ABIQ) was formed to enhance the treatment of children with Autism. It is the belief of ABIQ that children with Autism are best treated by Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA).
This therapy gives children with Autism a chance - a chance to grow, to live and to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
ABIQ have moved to premises at Bowen Hills. Our new phone number is 3216 0777. For further details please see “Contact Us” link..
Global Autism Prevalence Rates
The Autism Epidemic is global:
- United Kingdom - 1 in 86 children in the UK has Autism
- US - 1 in 88
- China - 1 in 100 &
- Brisbane, Australia - 1 in 100.
The treatment of Autism and related conditions is costing the Australian economy about $5.8 billion per year.
Source: The Autism Research Institute & Source: International Centre for Autism Research & Education
Autism is the fastest-evolving disorder in all of medical science.
Chairman, Columbia University, Dept. of Psychiatry
- Autism is the fastest growing disability in the United States.
- That means the condition is now more common than cerebral palsy, diabetes, deafness, blindness and leukaemia put together.
- Autism is more common than childhood cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined.
- Approximately 67 million people worldwide are affected by autism.
- The rate of autism is growing at 14% per year around the world. In China it is growing at a rate of 20% a year.
- The cost of autism over the lifespan is 3.2 million dollars per person.